FRIENDS OF BABYGYM TRAINING
For teachers, classroom assistants, nannies, grannies, au pairs and more!
WHY IS DEVELOPMENT IMPORTANT?Research has indicated that there is a link between the variety of movements a baby makes during the first few months of life and their ability to adapt and learn later on in life. The purpose of baby’s first year is to DEVELOP - to become alert, strong, independent and clever - and BabyGym helps to make this happen!
Discover the sense of touch (baby massage).
Discover the sense of movement and balance.
Discover the senses of smell and taste.
Discover the senses of hearing and sight.
Explore the importance of an aware body and strong muscles.
AT BABYGYM WE:• Offer massage to help baby de-stress and relax
• Facilitate bonding between baby and caregiver
• Stimulate the sucking reflex to aid quality feeding
• Teach how to aid good metabolism and digestion
• Wake up each of the senses slowly and gently (sensory awareness)
• Use fun and structured activities to develop the pathways between the senses, brain and muscles (sensory integration)
• Master tummy time
• Develop skilled hands
• Develop body awareness, muscle tone, posture and spatial orientation
• Reach milestones with quality movement
• Move with confidence and coordination
• Move with control and know how to STOP
• Graduate from infancy to toddler-hood.
During training the caregivers are able to work without distraction by simulating the BabyGym exercises on a doll. Once they have mastered the massage and exercises, they are ready to implement BabyGym at home or at school.
*It is important to note that the Friends of BabyGym training programme does not qualify an individual to present BabyGym to anyone OR to receive any form of monetary payment for services offered. Instead, Friends of BabyGym training enables the caregiver to take care of baby in a development-enhancing manner.